OFFICIAL RULES - It Starts On Gameday - Love Stories Giveaway
PLEASE READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY PRIOR TO PARTICIPATION OR ENTRY. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO REGISTER, ENTER, OR WIN.
OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS AGED 18 AS OF OCTOBER 2, 2020 WHO ARE EITHER (1) LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, OR (2) UNITED STATES CITIZENS WITH A PERMANENT UNITED STATES ADDRESS WHO ARE CURRENTLY RESIDING ON AN OVERSEAS UNITED STATES MILITARY INSTALLATION.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The It Starts On Gameday - Love Stories Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is created and sponsored by Social House, LLC, trading as Shopthesoho.com or the Social House Boutique (“Sponsor” or “Social House”). 8620 S Peoria Ave, Tulsa Ok. 74137 By participating in the Giveaway and/or using this website, you agree to the terms and conditions of the website, which are available at https://www.shopthesoho.com/pages/terms-of-service incorporated herein by reference, and that your participation will be governed by, and you shall abide by, all of the following rules (the “Giveaway Rules”) outlined herein.
1. Eligibility: The Giveaway is open only to individuals who: (a) are legal residents of one of the fifty states of the United States or the District of Columbia, or are United States citizens with a permanent United States address and are currently residing on an overseas United States military installation and (b) will be aged 18 years old or older upon the date the individual first submits an Entry. Sponsor, in its discretion, may require a person who submits an Entry (“Participant”) to provide verification of eligibility. The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win the Giveaway: current or former (within the immediately preceding 12 months) employees, officers, directors, and contractors of Social House, and anyone involved in the administration of the Giveaway, and any member of the immediate family (i.e., a parent, sibling, child or grandchild) or household of any of the foregoing individuals.
2. Giveaway Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 12:01 a.m. Central Time, October 2, 2020 and ending 11:59 p.m. Central Time, October 23, 2020 (the “Giveaway Entry Period”).
3. How to Enter: You may enter the Giveaway using either of the following Methods of Entry:
Upload a photo or video, or to Instagram or TikTok, and use #itstartsongameday starting on 12:01 a.m. Central Time, October 2, 2020 and ending 11:59 p.m. Central Time, October 23, 2020 (the “Giveaway Entry Period”).
Number of Entries: Each Participant may submit up to thirty (30) Entries during the contest period, using any of the above methods of entry or a combination of them. Any Entries over this limit will be deemed ineligible and will not be entered into the random drawing.
By participating, each Participant agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and represents and warrants that he/she meets the eligibility requirements set forth herein.
All Entries must be received by Sponsor via Instagram or TikTok no later than 11:59 pm Central Time on October 31, 2020
4. Prizes: There is one (1) Prize. The winner of the Giveaway will receive one $500.00 online gift card to Shopthesoho.com (Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $500.00). The gift card will be an online credit to Shopthesoho.com, and winner must have or open a Shopthesoho.com account to redeem the Prize. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to substitute an alternate prize. No cash or other prize substitutions are permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including, without limitation, any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Gift card shall be subject to the terms and conditions delivered with the online gift card.
5. Grant of Rights: By accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees, where imposing such condition is legal, to grant Sponsor and its designees the irrevocable, royalty-free right to publish, disseminate, and use the person’s name, likeness, biographical information and city and state of residence without further notice, permission, or consideration, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats now known or hereafter invented, in connection with the execution and promotion of the Giveaway, and will confirm consent to such use in writing upon request.
6. Odds: The actual odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Sponsor reasonably estimates approximate odds of 1:31,500.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: The Winner of the Giveaway will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of Sponsor, which will be held on or about November Oct 25, 2020 at the Sponsor’s offices. The Winner will be notified via direct message (either Instagram or TikTok) within three (3) business days following the selection. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning Entry, as registered with the organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the Winning Entry’s submitted email address. Social House shall have no liability for a Winner’s failure to receive notices due to Winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) business days from the time the award notification was first sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the potential Winner may be disqualified and/or Sponsor may elect to award the prize to another potential Winner drawn at random, as Sponsor may determine in its discretion. Sponsor may in its discretion announce the name of the potential Winner on the Site or in other forms of communication. The receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Giveaway is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE GIVEAWAY AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Terms: Social House reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Giveaway. In such case, Social House may select the recipients from all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Social House. Social House reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or website or violates these Giveaway Rules.
Furthermore, by entering, each Participant represents and warrants that each Entry complies with these Giveaway Rules in full. Entries must not contain any material that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate for public viewing and/or determines is contrary to its mission. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and/or not accept any Entry that Sponsor determines does not or is likely not to comply with these guidelines.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, each Participant agrees to release and hold harmless Social House and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (all of the foregoing, the “Sponsor Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such Participant’s participation in the Giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited any loss or damage to any Entry, (iii) the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iv) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (v) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway; (vi) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of Entries; to the maximum extent allowed by law. Some jurisdictions may not permit certain liability limitations or waivers. If any court determines the law of such a jurisdiction applies, the Sponsor Parties’ liability shall be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
10. All Decisions Final: All decisions of Sponsor and Sponsor Parties are final and binding in all respects.
11. Disputes: THE GIVEAWAY IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in the Giveaway, Participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, causes of action or controversies arising out of or in connection with the Giveaway, shall be resolved in arbitration individually and without resort to collective, class, or aggregate action, as set forth in the Terms and Conditions of the shopthesoho.com website. By registering and/or submitting an Entry, each Participant irrevocably waives, to the greatest extent allowed by law, any right to seek and/or obtain rescission and/or equitable and/or injunctive relief. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than Participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering the Giveaway), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR OR THE SPONSOR PARTIES BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTICIPANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF REVENUES, LOST PROFITS, LOST CAPITAL OR OVERHEAD, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
12. Miscellaneous: All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply, and the Giveaway is void where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who violates these Giveaway Rules, tampers with the entry process, and/or acts in any way that would, in any way, discredit or harm the reputation of Sponsor, and/or to cancel, modify, or suspend the Giveaway if a Participant engages in fraud or misconduct or other conduct beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupts the administration, integrity, security, or proper operation of the Giveaway. Without limitation of the foregoing, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, modify, or suspend the Giveaway due to any of the following reasons: act of God; unavoidable accident; epidemic; fire; blackout; act of public enemy; war, riot or civil commotion; enactment, rule, order or act of government or governmental instrumentality or tribunal; strike, lockout or other labor dispute; inclement weather; failure of technical facilities; failure of essential production, or technical personnel to appear or be available; or other cause beyond its control. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, mutilated, misdirected, misdelivered, or delayed Entries, or for technical or human errors or failures of any kind in connection with the submission, transmission, processing or selection of Entries or the winning Entry, including without limitation any malfunctions or failures of computer hardware, computer software, networks or telephone equipment or any technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or late, lost, damaged, or postage due mail, or any combination thereof. Caution: Any attempt by a person to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Giveaway, or in the announcement of the prize. These Giveaway Rules set forth the entire agreement and understanding between Sponsor and Participant concerning the subject matter hereof and merges and supersedes all prior discussions, agreements, and understandings of any kind between them. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, at any future time to terminate, modify, or suspend the Giveaway for any reason, in Sponsor’s sole discretion All notices shall be in writing and shall be delivered to Participant in accordance with instructions contained on the registration form. Participant shall be deemed an independent contractor and nothing contained herein shall constitute this arrangement to be employment, a joint venture, or a partnership. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Giveaway Rules shall not constitute a waiver of any provision contained herein. The titles of Sections of these Giveaway Rules are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal effect. The word “including” is used in these Giveaway Rules to mean “including but not limited to”.
14. Name of Winner: For the name of the Winner, which will be available after October 25, 2020, send a self-addressed and stamped envelope marked “It Starts on Gameday - Love Stories Giveaway Winner” to Social House, 8620 S Peoria Ave. Tulsa, Ok.
15.The Campaign hosted by Social House is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. The Campaign hosted by Social House is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram. The Campaign hosted by Social House is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with TikTok